Master's Admissions Counselor/Coordinator
Palo Alto University is seeking a full time Admissions Coordinator to coordinate the recruitment and counseling of students into our Global Online and Residential Evening programs in psychology and counseling. This is a full-time job in Palo Alto, California with a competitive salary. Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Contacting prospective students by phone and email and shepherding them through from initial interest to application, to admissions and enrollment
- Tracking prospective students entering recruiting and admissions data
- Providing weekly reports and updates to the Admissions and Master’s Directors
- Project management of all online admissions website pages and forms to create a smooth admissions process
- Coordinating phone interviews with Program Directors and Financial Aid Counselors
- Coordinating application materials, particularly from international students who submit transcripts through WES
- Leading and managing the Admission Committee process, and
- Supporting the master's team with online and traditional marketing efforts.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling (ideally CACREP accredited school, and college guidance emphasis)
- Strong interpersonal skills and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and process skills
- Knowledge and experience in using social media and website contact and emails to interact with prospective students
- Knowledge of psychology and social sciences a big plus, and
- Proficiency with Word and Excel is required, and large comfort level with learning new computer and software programs to manage data.
Level of Responsibility:
- This position is held accountable for meeting goals in a data-driven environment as well as accurately representing all information related to student enrollment, program requirements, costs, and financial aid to applicants and the public
- The person holding this position must become familiar with all aspects of the campus community and academic programs, must have the ability to make independent decisions, must adhere to federal and institutional guidelines and policies, and must be able to identify when supervisory assistance is required
- Supervision of marketing vendors, student workers, or other staff may be required
Palo Alto University offers world-class psychology degree programs at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels. PAU is a private, non-profit, WASC-accredited university, established in 1975 and previously known as Pacific Graduate School of Psychology.
Palo Alto University is a diverse and dynamic community dedicated to education with an emphasis in the behavioral and social sciences, to promoting future innovators and leaders for the benefit of society; to generating knowledge through research and scholarship of the highest level; and to providing services to the community informed by science and scholarship. Palo Alto University engages in a number of collaborations with a rich variety of institutions including the PGSP-Stanford Psy.D Consortium, taught by an outstanding faculty drawn from Palo Alto University and the Stanford University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry.
Dr. Denise Daniels, ddaniels@paloaltou.