jobs (715) announcement (463) events (328) students (298) interesting (284) mental health counseling (220) training (204) job (199) school counseling (172) resources (164) education (119) conference (89) reports (75) advocacy (67) seminar (43) article (34) lecture series (25) volunteering (24) webinar (22) survey (20) research request (16) parenting (13) grants (12) awards (9) scholarships (9) networking (8) supervision (3)
Thursday, June 15, 2017
The News-Press and Naples Daily News reported today that, "... the board voted to eliminate FGCU's master of education in school counseling degree program. FGCU stopped enrolling new students in the program in 2016"
We are still here and will be for the long-term! The FGCU Counseling program consolidated its two school counseling master’s programs (MED and MA) under the MA degree. No students have been admitted to the MED since 2015 and all school counseling students will continue to graduate with high quality and fully CACREP accredited and Florida DOE approved degrees under the Master of Arts in School Counseling
Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Gulfcoast Mental Health Counselors, Inc. presents:
July 24th 2017 Workshop 11:30-2pm
“Substances of Abuse”
Dr. Joshua Hersh, Psychiatrist – 2 CEU’s
Registration closes at 5PM on July 20th.
Reserve your spot at:
Any questions, please email Rebecca Sherry firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions, please email Rebecca Sherry email@example.com
Monday, June 12, 2017
Admissions specialist and community liaison position-
- · Answer phone calls from potential clients and be a point of contact for referral sources and community partners.
- · Conduct in-depth screening and assessments of potential clients for our outpatient substance abuse and co-occurring treatment program.
- · Provide thorough and complete information to potential clients and referral sources about our treatment program, levels of care, clinical model and curriculum.
- · Coordinate insurance, financial and logistical matters for all potential clients.
- · Conduct orientation process with all new clients.
- · Develop and nurture community relationships with service providers, practitioners and community organizations to ensure awareness and education about our program and the services we provide.
The position has a flexible part time schedule with hours varying from week to week. Please call us at 239-309-6635 if you are interested or would like to learn more about the position.
Sunday, June 11, 2017
Academic High School Guidance Counselor
Beacon Academy of Nevada - Las Vegas, NV
$40,000 - $60,000 a year
Under the direct supervision of School Administrator, this position will provide secondary school guidance and counseling services, programs and activities conducted at and for Beacon Academy of Nevada.
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Counseling of Southwest Florida has a job opening for a per diem substance abuse counselor for our counseling center in Naples Florida. We are looking for someone to start immediately, as the position is currently open.
- · A per diem substance abuse counselor is responsible for facilitating substance abuse educational group sessions and relapse prevention focused substance abuse groups.
- · A per diem substance abuse counselor is also responsible to conduct psychosocial substance abuse, anger management, and Batterer’s intervention assessments, as well as new client orientation.
- · A per diem substance abuse counselor will conduct individual substance abuse therapy sessions.
- · A per diem substance abuse counselor will develop individualized treatment plans with clients and maintain clinical documentation in the clients chart for all clinical services rendered.
- · Schedule would require evening and daytime hours to conduct clinical services.
Call 239-775-0039 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the position or submit your resume.
Friday, June 9, 2017
Company Name: Soukup Strategic Solutions, Inc.
Company Web Site: http://www.SoukupStrategicSolutions.com
About Our Organization: The mission of Soukup Strategic Solutions is to provide nonprofit organizations with practical support and strategies that will help them succeed in fulfilling their missions.
Job Location: Work will be performed primarily at the Company office. Meetings will be required at client offices and other locations throughout the Southwest Florida community. Some
travel outside of Southwest Florida is required.
Time Commitment: This is a full-time position of 40-hours per week. Some evening and
weekend hours will be required to fulfill client needs.
Salary Range: $40,000 - $55,000 per year
Purpose: Responsible for planning, developing and coordinating the Company's grant writing
activities on behalf of non-profit clients.
• Develop a deep understanding of clients’ programmatic, offerings, innovations and
data to drive and inform grant writing strategy
• Research and monitor grant opportunities at the federal, state and local level which
match clients’ priorities for funding their programs and services
• Prepare grant proposals on behalf of clients, including all required attachments, and
submit in a timely manner
• Ensure compliance with grant submission guidelines
• Work closely with the Client to determine goals and objectives and budget, relating to
specific funding requests
• Prepare budgets and gather letters of support and required materials needed from the
Client to complete funding requests
• Submit grant proposals on behalf of clients prior to the deadline and maintain
documentation of submission2
• Maintain grant records, including but not limited to, files of all proposals, contracts
• For each client, create and maintain a deadline-driven calendar of grant deadlines and
activities, including cultivation activities
• Track and report funders’ responses to requests
• Submit quarterly and annual reports on behalf of the Client to funders in the manner
specified by each funder
• Act as central support figure to grantors on the Client’s behalf from application
• Provide excellent customer service to clients by offering technical support, tools and
problem resolution for grant-related activities
• Meet with supervisor
• Communicate with clients, vendors and Company employees by phone, email and in
• Prepare reports on work activities and progress toward Company objectives
• Keep track of and report time on Company timesheet
• Collaborate with other Company employees and interns
• Other general duties in support of the Company’s grant writing strategies
• Requires remaining stationary for periods of up to four hours
• Requires telephone conversations
• Requires interfacing with a computer
• Requires use of electronic mail
• Requires writing letters, memos, articles and reports
• Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams
• Requires work with others in a group or team
• Requires work with external customers or the public
• Requires being exact or highly accurate
• Mistakes are not easily correctable and have serious consequences
• Requires meeting strict deadlines
• Opportunity to make decisions without supervision
• Requires making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the
• Includes traveling to various locations on and off campus
• Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
• Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results3
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required (degree in English Writing, Marketing, Communications
or Journalism preferred)
• Demonstrated professional experience in grant writing (3 years required; 5+ years
Specific Knowledge / Skills Required:
• Customer service
• English language and grammar
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point
• Ability to meet aggressive deadlines on multiple projects
• Demonstrated knowledge of the grant writing process from research to reporting
• Excellent proofreading skills
Specific Knowledge / Skills Preferred:
• Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credential
• Donor Perfect, Raiser’s Edge or other donor management software
• eCivis, Grant Station or other grant research platforms
• Demonstrated success soliciting government funded grants
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, writing samples, and three
references to email@example.com
Wednesday, June 7, 2017
Read and apply:https://www.k12jobspot.com/Job/Detail/2165567
advocacy (67) announcement (463) article (34) awards (9) conference (89) education (119) events (328) grants (12) interesting (284) job (199) jobs (715) lecture series (25) mental health counseling (220) networking (8) parenting (13) reports (75) research request (16) resources (164) scholarships (9) school counseling (172) seminar (43) students (298) supervision (3) survey (20) training (204) volunteering (24) webinar (22)