- Room patients to obtain patient history and reason for seeking care.
- High proficiency of general medical office procedures including HIPAA regulations.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of medical terminology.
- Handle new patient calls.
- Complete biopsychosocial assessments.
- Make appointment reminder calls to patients.
- Follow-up on calls to new patients.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Assist staff when needed.
- Must be organized and document work processed as required.
- Maintain professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, staff and management.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelors degree in Psychology or Social Work
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience.
- Bilingual Preferred: Fluent in Spanish.
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 wpm.
- Knowledge of office policy and procedures.
- Experience with Windows and MS Word.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability and willingness to treat all patients with the utmost kindness and consideration in the most trying situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to handle a high volume of patient flow with comfort and confidence.
- Ability to communicate and relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
- Must believe in health care with dignity for all.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task.
- Friendly personality with the desire to work with the public.
- Understanding of community based organizations.
- Communicate patients’ problems to the medical staff.
- Promotes and believes in Elite DNA mission statement.
Job Type: Full-time
· Fort Myers, Naples, Cape Coral
· related: 1 year