The Department of Counselor Education at Boise State University is seeking a tenure-track faculty position beginning August 2014. This academic department represents the MA in Counselor Education with program areas in School and Addictions counseling, as well as an EdD in Curriculum and Instruction with counselor education and supervision emphasis. The department faculty are active in contract and grant-funded programs.
Each successful candidate is expected to provide evidence of all of the following minimum qualifications:
· Earned doctorate in Counselor Education preferably from a CACREP-accredited program, or have been employed as a full-time faculty member in a counselor education program for a minimum of one full academic year
· Evidence of effective teaching in a CACREP-accredited program in Counselor Education
· Teaching, research, and clinical experience in school counseling or addictions counseling
· Dedication to highly active research and scholarship
· Professionalism and collegiality
· License eligible as a professional counselor in Idaho
· Teaching experience with on-line and other technology driven instruction
· Multicultural competency
Preferred qualifications include:
· Evidence of collaboration/partnerships with other departments, school districts and/or agencies
· Knowledge and experience with developing program resources through contract, grant-writing, and other related activities
· Passion for working with culturally diverse learners
· Enthusiasm and commitment to advising and teaching in doctoral education
· Commitment to the use of technology to enhance teaching and learning (e.g., hybrid, on-line course structuring)
· Multilingual fluency
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should prepare and submit electronically the following documents: letter of application addressing qualifications, curriculum vitae, and official undergraduate and graduate transcripts. In addition, three letters of professional recommendation should be sent by email as attachments, preferably by the letter writer. Unofficial copies of transcripts may be submitted for initial screening. Official copies of all transcripts will be required for subsequent consideration.
All application materials should be sent to:
Department of Counselor Education
Boise State University, MS 1721
1910 University Dr.
Boise, ID 83725-1721
Review of applications will begin November 1, 2013, and continue until the position is filled. For additional information about the position please email the Chair of the Search Committee.
Boise State offers a new workload policy for professors aimed to give them more flexibility. Please feel free to read more about this at http://cobe.boisestate.edu/.
For more information about the College of Education at Boise State University, Please visithttp://education.boisestate..