The Department of Counselor Education at Florida Atlantic University is seeking a counselor educator to join our faculty as a tenure-track assistant professor with a specialty in school counseling beginning August 2014. The Department, located in Southeast Florida, includes seven tenured faculty members, and offers the M. Ed. and Ed. S. degrees in School Counseling and Clinical Mental Health Counseling--both CACREP accredited, and Rehabilitation Counseling, as well as a Ph.D. in Counseling. Primary responsibilities will include teaching in a CACREP-accredited master's and doctoral program, as well as maintaining productive scholarly records, and service activities to the University.
1. Earned doctorate (by time of appointment) in Counseling or Counselor Education from a CACREP-accredited program
2. Work experience as a professional school counselor
3. Experience in supervision
4. Evidence of commitment to diversity
5. Experience teaching graduate level school counseling specialized courses as well as core general counseling coursework
6. Effective verbal and written communication, and technology skills
7. Knowledgeable of CACREP, NCATE, and Florida Department of Education accreditation programs
8. Knowledgeable of the ASCA National Model and evidence-based school counseling programs
1. Experience using instructional technology to deliver eLearning and hybrid courses
2. Currently holds or is eligible for a Florida Teacher Certificate
3. Record of professional leadership in state, regional, or national counseling associations
4. Record of conducting and publishing scholarly research in peer-reviewed outlets
5. Eligible for membership in Chi Sigma Iota
Special Instructions to the Applicants:
A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until.
All applicants must apply electronically to the currently posted position on the Office of Human Resources' job website (https://jobs.fau.edu) by completing the Faculty, Administrative, Managerial & Professional Position Application and submitting the related documents.
The site permits the attachment of required/requested documentation. In addition to completing the online application, please upload the following: a cover letter including evidence of a clearly defined area of expertise; curriculum vitae; copies of official transcripts scanned into an electronic format; a list of 3 professional references and/or 3 letters of reference; and any other documents the applicant deems important.
Degrees from outside the United States must be validated by an organization belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES); with an indication of the documents the evaluation was prepared from (official transcripts, diplomas, dissertation abstracts). The evaluation should be scanned and electronically attached to one's application as with other US-based transcripts.
Prior to appointment, the candidate must submit official, sealed transcripts from all institutions where graduate coursework was attempted, whether or not a degree was obtained, as well as an original NACES evaluation, if applicable. Transcripts must be issued to Florida Atlantic University not to you as the student.
A background check will be required for the candidate selected for this position. This position is subject to funding.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057.