JOB: Upper School Guidance Counselor, Rockville, MD
The MJBHA Upper School seeks a highly motivated, empathetic and generous individual as a Guidance Counselor for the 2013-2014 academic year and beyond.
This critical staff member is responsible for:
- the overall wellness of the student population, including identifying students in emotional, academic or social need and programming for their success, helping to resolve interpersonal conflicts, and providing advice to students.
- communication with parents, staff and students to help resolve issues of concern about the student body (collectively and individually)
- serving on the admin-guidance team which reviews and sets policy for the high school
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborating with our Support Services team to help support the learning needs of our students
- Supporting the work of the College Counselor
- Managing our Peer Counselors
- Implementing and reviewing the Health Curriculum
Highly qualified candidates will be those who:
- have experience working in a high school setting
- balance compassion with holding students accountable
- communicate skillfully with adolescents, parents, and colleagues
- demonstrate a sense of responsibility, professionalism, teamwork and dedication beyond the dictates of a formal job description
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Ms. Netta Nyland at email@example.com.