CITY OF NORFOLK
Department of Human Resources
100 Union Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Clinician - Outpatient Clinic
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Clinician - Outpatient Clinic
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Department: Community Services Board
The City of Norfolk's Community Services Board is currently seeking an experienced Clinician to work in our Adult Outpatient Clinic. The Clinician will conduct a multi-axial and psycho-social assessment of those individuals seeking Norfolk CSB Mental Health, Intellectual Disabilities, and Substance Abuse services and to refer them to either appropriate Norfolk CSB services and/or other community services.
* Conduct a multi-axial clinical and psycho-social assessment for those individuals seeking mental health, substance abuse and/or mental retardation services from the Norfolk CSB as part of the admission and enrollment process.
* May conduct regular and random urine drug screening of clients.
* Makes recommendations, following the assessment, for the individual’s care, giving consideration to the appropriate and least intensive level of care warranted.
* Coordinates the admission process with other Norfolk CSB service providers, seeking consultation with his/her own supervisor and other potential Norfolk CSB service program supervisors as may be necessary to promote the individual’s care.
* Develops interim treatment plans that reflect the identified needs of the individual assessed.
* Communicates with referral agencies as may be necessary.
* Processes the assessment and intakes paperwork, enrollments, program releases and discharges in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Maintains appropriate and required documentation related to service delivery, including opening client records, in accordance with applicable ethical requirements and the requirements of the Norfolk CSB and other regulatory agencies (federal, state, and other).
* Provides crisis counseling as needed.
* Collects and reports services statistics and client data as required.
* Assists in the development and implementation of special projects at the request of the Program Supervisor.
Master’s degree in human services field. Two years experience, preferably in treatment of persons with mental illness and substance abuse co-occurring disabilities.
Virginia license as a Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or Clinical Social Worker.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:
100 Union Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
CLINICIAN - OUTPATIENT CLINIC
jobs (733) announcement (476) events (334) students (304) interesting (293) mental health counseling (226) job (213) training (211) school counseling (185) resources (168) education (128) conference (92) reports (75) advocacy (69) seminar (43) article (34) volunteering (27) lecture series (25) webinar (22) survey (20) research request (17) parenting (16) grants (13) scholarships (10) awards (9) networking (8) supervision (3)
advocacy (69) announcement (476) article (34) awards (9) conference (92) education (128) events (334) grants (13) interesting (293) job (213) jobs (733) lecture series (25) mental health counseling (226) networking (8) parenting (16) reports (75) research request (17) resources (168) scholarships (10) school counseling (185) seminar (43) students (304) supervision (3) survey (20) training (211) volunteering (27) webinar (22)