On behalf of ACES, the Research Grant Award Committee is pleased to announce we are now accepting applications for the 2013-2014 ACES Research Grant Award. If you have any questions, feel free to email the ACES Research Grant Committee Chairperson, Tracy Stinchfield at email@example.com.
ACES Research Grant Award Committee
Call for Proposals
**ACES Award recipients will be announced at the ACES luncheon at the ACES Conference in Denver!**
Purpose: The purpose for this call for proposals is to fund studies that increase understanding of professional development in Counselor Education and Supervision.
Who May Apply: The competition is open to both professional and student members of ACES. Because of their need and because of the limited funding available for student research, student researchers are especially encouraged to apply. Individuals may submit (or be part of a submission team) for only one proposal. Multiple submissions by any researcher (individually or as part of multiple research teams) will not be accepted.
Proposal Format: Proposals must adhere to the following:
· Typed in 12 point font, double spaced, with one-inch margins.
- The Proposal document may be a maximum of four pages.
-References may be added in addition to the 4 page limit.
- Attachments submitted as part of the proposal beyond the 4 page limit will not be reviewed by the committee.
-The Application Form, sent as a separate document, is not part of this page count.
· Submitted documents must be in EITHER Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format. NO OTHER WORD PROCESSING FORMAT WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Submit one “blind” copy of the proposal*, and;
- One copy of the proposal with author identification, AND;
- The Application Form as three separate attachments to the acting Committee Chair Tracy Stinchfield at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 2, 2013.
Recommended Proposal Outline:
Plan for Dissemination
Evaluation Criteria: Research proposals will be evaluated by a panel of reviewers using the following criteria:
a. Qualifications of the Researcher:
· The researcher is a regular or student member of ACES, and the researcher has submitted only one proposal for funding in this year’s grant program.
b. Quality of the Proposed Research:
· Proposed topic is within the scope of Counselor Education and Supervision (20 points possible)
· Relevance of research to Counselor Education & Supervision as evidenced by the literature review (25 points possible)
· Research Methodology (i.e. the methodology proposed follows accepted practice for research of that kind) (25 points possible)
· Applicable ethical standards for research with human subjects (15 points possible)
c. Financial Need:
· Clear, itemized, and research-focused budget (10 points possible): The budget for the research project seems sound given the nature and scope of the proposed project (only the expenses budgeted for the actual conducting of the study will be considered; travel or presentation expenses will not be considered), and the project is not substantially supported by any other funding source (budget statements must include a statement of other funds being used to support the project).
· Funds may not be used for time compensation, including GA work, unless you provide the “employee” with a 1099 Form submitted to the IRS, so that they are taxed appropriately. The budget may include payment for time ifthe recipient (e.g., transcription company, statistical consultant) accounts for the self-employment or business income and provides a receipt. Receipts must be maintained by the Primary Researcher and made available should ACES request the records.
d. Plan for Dissemination: A clear, feasible, and appropriate plan for dissemination of research findings (5 points possible). As a condition of the acceptance of the grant award, the researcher is required to complete one of the following by October 30th of the year subsequent to receiving your award:
· Provide a copy of the proposal to present the research results as a poster session at the ACA World Conference or ACES National Conference;
· Provide a copy of the proposal to present the research results as an education session at the ACA World Conference or ACES National Conference;
· Provide to the Research Grant Committee Chair a copy of the manuscript of the research results that has been submitted to a refereed journal for publication consideration.
e. “Acknowledgment of Support” Agreement: The researcher will include an acknowledgment of ACES financial support of the project in all reports, presentations, or publications related to the supported project.
Deadline for Submission: The deadline for submission is August 2, 2013. Your email attachments must include:
· One “blind” copy of the proposal**
· One copy of the proposal with author identification
· One application form
- The Application Form as three separate attachments to the Acting Committee Chair Tracy Stinchfield email@example.com on or before August 2, 2013 in EITHER Microsoft Word or Rich Text format. NO OTHER WORD PROCESSING FORMATS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Grants will be announced at the 2013 ACES luncheon at ACES in Denver. Recipients will be notified by September 2013.
Requests for further information should be directed to:
Tracy A. Stinchfield, Assistant Professor
Acting Chair, ACES Research Grants Committee
Address: 1145 King Road P.O. Box 521
Department of Graduate Psychology
Immaculata, PA 19345-0512
Requests for information may be made via hard copy postal mail or E-mail.
Proposals must be submitted as an email attachment as described above. Neither faxed nor mailed “hard” copies of proposals will be considered.
**NOTE: A “blind” copy contains not only no name, but no identifying information about the author(s) or their location in the title pages, page headers, or text of the proposal. Proposals containing any identifying information or submissions that do not include one “blind” copy will be disqualified.
ACES RESEARCH GRANT
2013 - 2014
Principal Researcher Name:_________________________
State: _____ Zip: ________
Work Phone: ( ) Home or Mobile Phone : ( )
E-mail Address: ______________________________
[Include here the name(s), title(s), and institution(s) of any additional researcher(s)
Title of Research: ______________________________
Qualifications of principal researcher:
I am a member of ACES
No ( ) Yes ( )
If “Yes”, what category
Student ( ) Regular ( )
This proposal is my only submission for this grant
No ( ) Yes ( )
Is this project fully or substantially supported by another funding source? No ( ) Yes ( )
If “Yes”, what source(s)
If “Yes” what amount is being funded by another source? ______________________________
I am willing to include an acknowledgment of ACES financial support of the project in all reports, presentations, or publications related to the supported project. No ( ) Yes ( )
Plan for Dissemination, Acknowledgment of Support, Agreement: I am willing to complete one of the following by October 30th of the year subsequent to receiving the grant award:
1) Provide a copy of the proposal to present the research results as a
poster session at the ACA World Conference
No ( ) Yes ( )
2) Provide a copy of the proposal to present the research results as an
education session at the ACA World Conference, or
No ( ) Yes ( )
3) Provide to the Research Grant Committee Chair a copy of the
manuscript of the research results that has been submitted to a
refereed journal for publication consideration.
No ( ) Yes ( )