Primary School Counselor
Applications are invited from dedicated and enthusiastic professionals for the position of Primary School Counselor for the 2013-2014 school year. This is a full-time position with the successful candidate counseling primary school aged students.
It is expected that the candidates for this position will meet the following requirements:
- Masters in Counseling or similar field
- Counseling Certification/Licensure
- Four years relevant experience in a primary school counseling position
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills; have the ability and the desire to work collaboratively with students, staff and parents from multiple cultures and nationalities
- Excellent ability to develop, organize, and implement grade level guidance curriculum as well as PSHE program within the PYP framework
- In collaboration with members of Primary Support Team, establishing and evaluating realistic goals for the counseling program and students being served
- IT skills (proficient with Microsoft Outlook and Word as well as Apple), excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and self-manage multiple schedules, showing flexibility in a variety of settings, is essential
- An international perspective and/or international teaching experience; an understanding of student/family cultural transitions and open-mindedness toward the school community as a whole essential
- Ability to mentor/ coach teachers while nurturing a culture for productive communication
- Preferred but not required: experience with the PYP
Please send resume and letter of interest via email to email@example.com; please type PS Counselor into your subject line.