Although student information systems house immense amounts of data, school counselors sometimes need data not traditionally collected by these systems (e.g., social/emotional or career data). Discover how to collect this data most effectively and efficiently using technology. Specifically, learn how to use Google Docs (free with a registered account) to do just this. Google Docs allows for free and unlimited data collection and can even provide a quick summary of your results. From homework completion rates, to event RSVP’s, to cyberbullying surveys, hear how to do it.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Develop a customized online survey.
- Employ appropriate types of survey items including radio buttons, drop down, check box, open ended and rubric.
- Download survey results into Microsoft Excel.
- Recognize potential issues of privacy and confidentiality with the data.
- Create charts and results reports from the data.
Russell A. Sabella, Ph.D., is currently a professor at Florida Gulf Coast University and an ASCA past president.
Oct. 10, 2016, 2 p.m. Eastern