YOU ARE INVITED!
Sixth Annual Children and Youth Conference
Please join us for the Sixth Annual Children and Youth Conference on Saturday, November 19, 2016! Florida Gulf Coast University, in partnership with the Hunter Institute and the School District of Lee County, have united to create a platform where mental health professionals and local education experts will share best practices for supporting students who have experienced childhood trauma.
The conference agenda will include keynote speaker, Dr. Joseph Hendershott, the nationally recognized expert on childhood trauma and founder of Hope for the Wounded (http://hope4thewounded.org). Differentiated breakout sessions for early childhood, mental health, and best practices for pre-K-12 will be offered.
Save the Date!
When: Saturday, Nov. 19th, 8am-4pm
Where: The Cohen Center at Florida Gulf Coast University, 10501 FGCU Boulevard South, Fort Myers, FL
- Continental breakfast will be provided.
- Registration for the conference is FREE, but all attendees must pre-register for the conference here: https://survey.fgcu.edu/Survey.aspx?s=7e773aca6a8b4ab3a4447ce85be4d62b.
- Saluscare will provide CEUs for RN, LPN, ARNP, LCSW, LMHC, and LMFT free of charge.
- In-service points will be awarded for Lee teachers (this event is NOT eligible for ESE/SWD In-Service Points).
- ALL workshops are eligible for CEU/credit through the FLAEYC. Website information for this service will be provided at the conference.
- The conference is a Laces of Love event. If you are able, please bring a new pair of tennis shoes to be distributed to a local child or youth in need. Thank You!!
If you are interested, please click the following link: https://www.smore.com/2r9w9