The Mid-Atlantic Society for Biofeedback and Behavioral Medicine (www.masbbm.org) will hold our annual spring conference on April 25, 2015, at Loyola University Graduate Center in Columbia, MD. Self-Medication vs. Self-Regulation: The Neuroscience of Addiction and Meditation will be presented by A. Martin Wuttke. Courtesy of our co-sponsor, the Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB), we have up to five (5) scholarships for students to attend the conference for free.
Elibigility Criteria & Participation Requirements:
• Full or part-time students at an accredited institution of higher learning in the mid-Atlantic region.
• Must be enrolled in a health care/health science class, such as psychology, counseling or social work.
• Have an interest in biofeedback, neurofeedback and/or complementary/integrative health.
• Full-day attendance at the conference.
• Within 30 days after the conference, submit a one-page single-spaced essay discussing what the student found most interesting and why; how the student might apply this conference to his/her current studies and training; how the student might pursue further training/information in his/her field (research, academic, clinical work). The essays will be posted on MASBBM's website.
How to Apply:
• Send an email to MASBBM's Executive Director, Bea Haskins, at email@example.com a detailed cover message that explains the students interest in attending, the degree being pursued and the student's field of study (major); include a copy of the student's ID and/or class schedule.
• Upon receipt of the email, MASBBM will submit the application along with our letter of recommendation to AAPB, the scholarship sponsor, for their approval. Once that is received, MASBBM will send the student a Letter of Agreement to sign and return. Upon receipt of that Letter, the student will be officially registered.
• Students should ask their professors or instructors if they can receive extra credit for attending. The professor or instructor can contact MASBBM if s/he has any questions.
• Scholarship recipients will also receive a one-year complementary student membership in MASBBM (a $25 value)!
A conference brochure and a flyer about the scholarships are available on our website atwww.masbbm.org; click the conference tab. MASBBM appreciates your assistance in spreading the word about this remarkable conference.
Bea Haskins, MS, Executive Director