The Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida is seeking a grant coordinator. This is a full-time position in Fort Myers. This position requires the grant coordinator to work at the food bank's main warehouse/office, 3760 Fowler St., Fort Myers.
Compensation based on experience. Generous benefits.
Please do not call about this position. Please email resumes to: Miriam Pereira, Development Director email@example.com.
Job Summary: The position requires the grant coordinator to research and write foundation, corporate foundation and government grant requests and to prepare progress reports to funding entities. The position requires grant-writing skills, report-writing skills, planning and organizational skills, and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research and identify new grant prospects and opportunities.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date files on existing and prospective grant funders.
• Meet grant deadlines.
• Plan writing time and complete grants so Development Director and/or Executive Director can review grants 1 to 2 weeks before grantor deadline.
• Develop, collect, analyze, prepare and maintain information/data as required to produce grant proposals, progress reports and other communications with funding entities. Maintain paper and electronic grant files.
• Strategize and coordinate with the Development Director to develop appropriate funding requests.
• Coordinate donor recognition strategies and actions with the Development Director. Use consistent messaging.
• Coordinate with Development Director to achieve annual revenue expectations related to grant funding.
• Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding all donor records, transactions, data, research and communications, respecting the anonymity of each donor's identity, as directed by the donor and department policy.
• Maintain a positive work environment by conducting all communications with clients, visitors, colleagues, co-workers and supervisors in a professional, friendly, cooperative and helpful manner.
• Participate in community events, special events, fundraisers and other meetings appropriate to fundraising.
• Attend staff meetings and other administrative meetings as assigned/appropriate.
• Perform other job functions as requested or assigned.
• Honesty, integrity and commitment to fighting hunger in Southwest Florida
• Ability to relate effectively other staff, volunteers, agency representatives and the general public.
• Must have clear understanding of and ability to articulate the mission of the HCFB.
• Ability to complete work in an accurate, effective and timely manner.
• Ability to perform physical labor as necessary to assist in achieving HCFB Mission.
Specific to Position
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to take direction well, using active listening skills, asking questions and taking notes, if necessary.
• Ability to travel, as necessary, within Food Bank's service area to meet with appropriate foundations, trustees and/or executive staff, and others, as directed. Ability to travel to attend conferences, training or meetings. May involve overnight travel to areas within and outside of the Food Bank's service area.
• Strong organizational, time-management and attention-to-detail skills.
• Excellent basic computer skills, including word processing, spread sheets, database, email and Internet experience.
• Excellent phone etiquette skills.
• Excellent public relations and customer service skills.
• Ability to perform as an effective, positive team member.
• Impeccable ethical business practices.
• Valid Florida driver's license and proof of satisfactory driving record.
• College degree in related field is required.
• Minimum one year experience in grant writing or related field
PLEASE DO NOT CALL. PLEASE EMAIL RESUMES.