The mission of the Department of Counselor Education is to develop counselors who have professional identities as reflective and ethical practitioners. The Department of Counselor Education is accredited by CACREP and has specialty areas in School Counseling, Higher Education Counseling/Student Affairs and Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Counselor Education is one of seven departments that comprise West Chester University’s College of Education and Social Work. West Chester University offers competitive salary and benefits.
Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: a) teaching graduate counselor education courses, b) providing counseling supervision; c) committing to a defined program of research; d) advising students; and e) actively participating in departmental activities, university committees, and professional counseling organizations. The selected candidate will serve a nine-month, tenure track appointment with additional summer teaching opportunities contingent upon student demand.
- Applicants must have an earned doctorate in Counselor Education, or a closely related field; preference will be given to graduates of CACREP accredited programs. ABD candidates will be considered, but must provide evidence that they will complete the doctorate prior to the date of appointment.
- Successful candidates must be qualified to teach school counseling courses, as well as core counseling courses;
- Experience teaching graduate-level school counseling coursework
- Hold school counseling certification or counseling licensure.
- Experience as a school counselor.
- Demonstrate evidence of a commitment to excellence in teaching and expertise in counselor training and supervision.
- Demonstrate interest in, and promise of, an active program of research commensurate with experience.
- Qualified to teach courses in Higher Education Counseling/Student Affairs and/or Clinical Mental Health Counseling specialty areas.
- Familiarity with student learning outcomes and program assessment.
- Identify as counselors and counselor educators.
Applicants must submit 1.) a letter of interest that addresses position requirements and responsibilities, 2.) a curriculum vitae, 3.) three letters of recommendations and 4.) a professional statement addressing your teaching philosophy and scholarship agenda. Applicants granted an on-campus interview will be required to submit official undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Review of applications will begin January 15, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Please submit all application materials to:
West Chester University (WCU) is a regional comprehensive university and the second largest of the 14 institutions of higher learning that compose the State System of Higher Education of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. WCU is located in a suburban setting near the Philadelphia and Wilmington, DE metropolitan areas, approximately 2 hours from both New York City and Washington, DC. Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty and staff advances WCU’s educational mission and strategic Plan, Building on Excellence. West Chester University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
Kennett Square PA