CHARLES E. SMITH JEWISH DAY SCHOOL
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School seeks qualified candidates to fill the position of Middle School Counselor for the 2016-2017 academic year. This is an 11-month position with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2016.
The School is seeking an experienced Middle School Counselor to participate in the design and delivery of a comprehensive counseling program for middle school students (grades 6-8); to establish supportive relationships with students; to be a resource for students and parents and provide support in all aspects of school life.
- Provide individual counseling on a regular basis for students including scheduling needs, social/emotional support, educational/study skills guidance, co-curricular coordination.
- Serve as a case manager interfacing with parents, teachers, learning specialists, ESOL specialists, outside professionals and administration as needed, regarding strategies to assist students.
- Complete student observations, interpret behavioral data, develop functional behavior analyses, and behavior intervention plans.
- Assess students’ functional behavioral capabilities within classroom and/or home environment for the purpose of designing behavioral interventions.
- Design and interpret functional behavior analysis and multi-faceted behavior interventions. Use data to make informed decisions regarding student behaviors.
- Guide school staff to analyze data and monitor social/emotional and behavioral interventions.
- Help students resolve teacher and classroom concerns and assist students in developing advocacy and problem solving skills.
- Assist new students and their families as they integrate into the School community.
- Further develop and implement advisory program and work with educators to integrate social-emotional/values-based and relational arts curricula into all content areas.
- Work with administration on both registration for students and individual schedules and class balancing.
Additionally, qualified applicants will have a demonstrated, strong foundation in applied behavior analysis and experience implementing research based interventions, providing direct service to students, and providing training to teachers in implementing prescribed interventions. Applicants should be knowledgeable about resources and methods (I.e. applied behavior analysis, intervention and treatment techniques, behavior assessment tools, and methods, community resources, etc.) for the purposes of determining appropriate behavioral approaches for students’ specific needs.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to www.cesjds.org/careers Job Code MG400.
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.