St. Francis Community Services
Bilingual Therapist Position
St. Francis Community Services Southside Center has an immediate opening for a Bilingual Therapist. The Bilingual Therapist is a specially trained professional who is primarily responsible for providing culturally competent individual, couple, family, and group outpatient mental health counseling services to a diverse Spanish-speaking population in multiple office locations. Full benefits available; salary based on experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Conduct intakes, screen for suicidality and homicidality, and provide appropriate referrals when necessary.
· Maintain a caseload of mental health clients, conducting and interpreting appropriate assessments, diagnosing through use of the DSM-5, preparing treatment plans, and implementing treatment interventions.
· Drive to multiple parishes and/or schools to provide mental health outreach, education, and clinical services.
Knowledge and Expertise Requirements
· Education: Must have Masters of Social Work (MSW) degree or a Master of Arts or Science degree in Counseling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or a related field from an accredited school.
· Must be eligible for full or provisional licensure in the State of Missouri.
· Bilingual (oral and written) Spanish required.
· A minimum of 2 years direct experience in social services or mental health setting providing treatment and support services to Spanish-speaking individuals and/or families.
· Strong knowledge of trauma and trauma-related mental health disorders in immigrant and refugee populations.
· Knowledge of individual, family and group treatment strategies, including evidence-based and non-traditional treatment/service modalities.
· Computer skills including Microsoft Office, word processing, and data entry.
· Able to work independently and as part of a team.
To apply, please send resumes and cover letters to Meredith Rataj, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org by July 3, 2015.