THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE AT CHATTANOOGA
College of Health, Education and Professional Studies
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC), with a current enrollment of 11,000 students, is seeking to fill a position in the College of Health, Education and Professional Studies. The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is located in the heart of the Scenic City on the Tennessee River. The city boasts multiple attractions including nature preserves and outdoor adventures, cultural events from the City Symphony to the Chattanooga Theater, as well as distinct neighborhoods and events that can only be found in the heart of the Tennessee Valley.
POSITION: Assistant/Associate Professor, School Counseling
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 1, 2014
The School of Education at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga seeks applications for a full-time, tenure track, nine-month school counselor educator at the Assistant or Associate rank to begin in the fall of 2014. UTC offers CACREP-accredited M.Ed. programs in both school counseling and clinical mental health counseling. The person filling this position will be expected to coordinate the school counseling program.
· Doctorate in counselor education, preferably from a CACREP-accredited program;
· Masters degree in school counseling from a CACREP-accredited program;
· Minimum two years paid experience as a school counselor;
· Membership and involvement in professional organizations such as ACA, ASCA, ACES;
· Potential for excellence in instruction and supervision;
· License-eligible in the State of Tennessee;
· Commitment to cultural diversity and social justice;
· Ability to coordinate the school counseling program;
· Teaching graduate courses in the school counseling program as well as courses in the CACREP-core;
· Engaging in an active research and publication agenda;
· Supervising practicum and/or internship experiences; and
· Participating in service to the university, community and profession.
Screening of applications will begin November 1, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a single electronic Adobe PDF file containing the following items: a letter of interest to include a statement of teaching philosophy and research focus, a current curriculum vita, three letters of reference, and unofficial transcripts from all universities attended to: Facultyvitae26@utc.edu. Application will ONLY be accepted electronically. Prior to interviews, candidate will be required to submit official transcripts to the search committee.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution.
jobs (787) announcement (518) events (364) students (335) interesting (311) job (264) mental health counseling (251) training (232) school counseling (208) resources (184) education (167) conference (109) advocacy (82) reports (78) seminar (50) article (35) volunteering (32) lecture series (27) research request (24) parenting (22) webinar (22) survey (20) grants (14) scholarships (14) networking (10) awards (9) supervision (3)
advocacy (82) announcement (518) article (35) awards (9) conference (109) education (167) events (364) grants (14) interesting (311) job (264) jobs (787) lecture series (27) mental health counseling (251) networking (10) parenting (22) reports (78) research request (24) resources (184) scholarships (14) school counseling (208) seminar (50) students (335) supervision (3) survey (20) training (232) volunteering (32) webinar (22)