Learn EMDR in order to accelerate the treatment of a wide range of clinical issues for your clients.
This course is offered in a 5-day format and includes 10 hours of group consultation (not all courses include consultation!). It is designed for licensed mental health practitioners who treat adults and children in a clinical setting. This course will develop clinical competence in using EMDR through didactic presentations, demonstrations, and supervised practicum. The goal of this workshop is to help clinicians feel competent in using of EMDR, both in their case conceptualization and in their treatment implementation. There will be an additional emphasis on the use of EMDR with children. This is the complete course, which consists of 20 hours of didactic and 20 of supervised practicum.
Presenter: Roxanne Grobbel, JD, LCSW
Sponsored by: Thrive Therapy, 2734 Oak Ridge Court, Unit 404, Fort Myers, FL 33901
Date: November 3-7, 2016
· Understand the EMDRIA definition of EMDR.
· Identify the research findings which support the efficacy of EMDR
· Differentiate which clients and issues benefit from EMDR
· Create a trauma-informed case conceptualization and treatment plan
· Employ skills in using all 8 phases of the EMDR protocol.
· Prepare clients for EMDR Therapy utilizing Resource Development
· Identify and assess client readiness
· Recognize and identify target events to be processed with EMDR
· Summarize the AIP model
· Understand it’s use with Special Situations and Populations including children, addictions, anxiety, grief, and more.
For more information or to register go to: www.InsightCounselingandEducation.com