Florida State UniversityCareer Advising and Counseling Unit
Job Title: Career Development Specialist
• A Master’s degree in counseling or related area.
Preferred: National Certified Counselor
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in counseling, program development, and programmanagement.
• Knowledge of career development theory and practical experience with career advising, individualcareer counseling, and group career counseling with a college population.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to include occasional travel.
• Must have valid driver license.
• Trains, develops, and provides case supervision for career advisors and counselors-in-training andmonitors service delivery in accordance with professional ethics and requirements for accreditation.
• Provides direct career advising and career counseling services to clients on a drop-in, individualappointment, and group counseling basis.
• Designs and delivers career development workshops to university and community groups.
• Instructs or co-instructs undergraduate career development courses on an as-needed basis.
• Maintains appropriate records and makes referrals to appropriate university and community resources.
• Acts as liaison to university academic colleges, departments, or programs, as well as officesthroughout the Division of Student Affairs.
• Authors, edits, and designs print and web-based career resources.
• Participates in creating policy and evaluating processes at the program level adhering to the researchmission of The Career Center.
• Conducts and mentors career advisors in presenting at state, regional, and national professionalconferences.
How to Apply:
If qualified and interested in a specific vacancy as advertised, apply to Florida State University at:
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications mustinclude work history and all education details (if applicable) even if attaching a resume. CLOSING DATE: June5, 2014
Job ID: 37274
Location: Tallahassee, FL
*This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position
EqualOpportunity/Access/Affirmative Action Employer